Friday, January 27, 2017

Can you tell me "What works in..."

Although we reportedly now live in a post-evidence era, I still choose to cling to the minority view that programmes should be informed by research about what works. But where do you find the evidence?

About two years ago I attended a training course presented by Phil Davies from 3ie. He had many interesting insights to share, but today I was reminded of this excellent list of synthesised evidence that he shared.


One of my recent favourite systematic reviews, conducted by 3ie is The impact of education programmes on learning and school participation in low- and middle-income countries by Snilstveit et al . It has evidence about supplementary education programmes, feeding programmes, ICT in education programmes and a wide range of others. 


Happy Reading!  

No comments: