Monday, October 05, 2009

Check out the GOODs

A colleague referred me to a refreshing website that might be interesting to do-gooders the world over. It is called GOOD.

Maybe they called it GOOD because it can be found at the following url: http://www.good.is/. Apparently "GOOD is a collaboration of individuals, businesses, and nonprofits pushing the world forward"

Maybe they called it GOOD because it is good. I remind you, dear reader, that I am an evaluator so I should - according to the Scrivenian* wisdom I sometimes subscribe to - be particularly well placed to pass judgements about merit and worth. However, I will reserve judgement about the Goodness of GOOD for now. Except for saying what I have already said about it.

There is an interesting blog about Innovation and Evaluation in philanthropy. See

http://www.good.is/post/innovation-and-evaluation-are-inseparable/


*OK, that only sounded GOOD in my head, but the meaning I'm hoping to convey is that Michael Scriven's writings are relevant here.

No comments: